to Correct Red Eye
- Select the Red Eye Brush Tool.
- Select the Default Colors button from the top
- Make sure the Sampling Method, located in the top palet, is set
to First Click.
- Move the Crosshairs over the red eye and click the mouse.
- Move the mouse around to remove all of the red eye.
How to Use the Cloning Stamp
- Select the Clone Stamp tool from the toolbox.
- Open the Options bar and select the brush size.
- Move the pointer over the area of your image that you wish to
clone. (The pinter becomes a circle).
- Hold down the Alt/Option key. ( the pointer becomes a target)
- Click once to select the area you want to sample, then release
the Alt/Option key and move the pointer to the area to which you
want tne clone applied.
- Hold down the mouse button, and drag to "paint" the
cloned portion over the new area.
Using layers creates the ability to add
numerous elements to an image and edit them independently from
one another. Changes to one layer will not impact the other layers.
The Layers Pallett
- The first image opened is shown as the background layer.
It cannot be moved above any other layers.
- To make the background layer a normal layer:
- Double click on the layer title "background".
- Enter a name for the layer
To create a new layer:
- Layer -> New Layer
- Name the Layer
- Keep Mode NORMAL
- Keep Opacity at 100%
To Select a layer, click on the layer in the Layers
On the Layers palette, click the eye icon to
hide the layer. The eye disappears. Click again to make the layer
To Delete a layer, select a layer on
the Layers Palette and choose Delete Layer from the Layer
To change the layer order, simply click on the layer
and drag it to its new location.
To rename a layer, double-click the
layer's name on the Layers palette to display the text
cursor and make
the name editable. Enter a new name for the layer and
press the return key.
To link layers, select a layer on the Layers palette.
Click on the second column at the left of any of the
layers you want linked.
Using Effects and Styles
To apply a layer style or effect:
- Open the Layers pallette and choose the layer to which you want
to apply the layer style.
- Click the Layers Styles palette in the palette well.
- Choose a style set from the palette's pop-up menu.
- Click the style you want to apply to your layer.
- To remove a style click on the "Clear Style" button in the
upper right hand corner of the palette.
the Custom Shape Tool
- Click on the Bubble in the Toolbox.
- In the Menu bar, click on the SHAPE icon.
- Make sure the selection is showing all
- Click on the shape you'd like to use.
- Click and drag the mouse on the image.
- You can change the color by clicking on
the layer in the Layers Palette, then select the new color for
the color box.
- Create a new layer for adding the text.
- Click on the Text tool in the toolbox.
- Click on the image and type the text.
- The text can be adjusted using the text tools in the menu
- Change the font, size, style, and color.
- You can create warped text.
- Select the text on the layer.
- Click on the T with the curved line under it.
- Select options from the menu.
Creating an Animation
- Create an image with at least two layers.
- File -> Save for Web
- Select GIF file format
- Check the Animation checkbox
- In the ANIMATION section at the bottom of the menu, check the
- Set Frame Delay to 1.0.
- Click OK
- Give the animation a name.
- Click the SAVE button.
- The animation needs to be placed in a Web page to test.