Customizing Button Positions
- Select "Free Position" option in the button area of
the Settings pane. You can now drag buttons around the
Kill the Watermark
- Choose Preferences from the iDVD menu.
- Click on the General BUtton
- Uncheck the SHOW APPLE LOGO WATERMARK box.
Changing the Background Image
- Drag an image into the iDVD window.
Customizing Button Shapes
- Select Settings from the Control Panel.
- Click on the style FROM THEME button. (Select T if
you only want a title button.)
- Select the shape.
- Select the text for the button or the title
- Choose the options from the side menu.
Menu and Interface Design Tips
Make your user interface very easy to navigate.
Decide how many menu screens you might need.
Here is a sample of how a DVD may be planned.
The first page would have the title of the DVD, and 3
buttons. One button will take you to a menu of Math
Movies. The middle button will take you to a movie of Class
Rules. The third button will take you to a menu of Social
Studies movies. This DVD will have 3 menu pages.
Creating Additional Menus (Submenu)
- Click on the Folder icon
- Now, click on the button that was created.
- Customize the look of each submenu independently of
the other menus.
- Each submenu has a return button that, when clicked,
returns the user to the menu that lead to the submenu.
You can have submenus within submenus.
To Remove Sound from a Motion Menu
- Simple drag the sound out of the Audio well. The icon
will disappear in a cloud of smoke.
To Add Background Music to a Motion Menu
- Drag an audio file into the Audio well of the Settings